Saturday, April 30, 2011

Simplify

I didn't forget this blog, I've just been too busy to update it! It has been kindy holidays and for some absurd reason this seems to be the busiest time for extramural study.. this is cruel and I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose. So without the precious 'kindy' time available for study, two large assignments due, combined with a change in Josh's work hours (which then led to me changing my hours to nights- not such a great idea) I was pretty much snowed under in terms of workload.. and then of course my other job decides now is a good time to push more work on me. All the while I am trying to keep my wonderful midget entertained and stimulated with play dates, outings, beach trips etc. The last two weeks have been busy, thank god for kindy being back again!
And.. I have quit one of my jobs.. so no more working nights or mornings and hello having time to breathe..
My focus this year is on 'simplifying'.. I find it strange that every person I have told this to has laughed and sort of given me that 'yeah right' look... but I'm really determined to cut down on commitments and have a little less to juggle in my brain. I'm hoping this will improve my memory function by removing the clutter in my head.
I'm doing my masters on the consumer behavior of binge drinking teenagers and as part of this I have looked into a significant amount of articles on the effects of this behavior on the health and cognitive function of these teenagers as they age.. Pretty much boozy teenage years = crap memory when you get older. Ah, I'm doomed.
Today we had the open day for the rescue helicopter and I was on face painting.. I'm pretty sure that I accidentally painted a butterfly on a boy who asked for spiderman.. All I remember is blankly staring at the child's face trying to remember what he/she asked for ( you really couldn't tell!), so I decided to go for a butterfly, one of the most popular choices of the day. The look on the kid's face when I showed him/her the mirror was what alerted me to the fact that I had done something wrong!! The kid didn't say anything.. so I'll never know if it was either a really terrible butterfly or completely the wrong gender facepaint! Ooops, memory fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment