Sunday, April 10, 2011

Well now...

Ok, so I'm not really up with this whole blogging business, but I'm going to give it a shot!

The reason: I am so forgetful, so absolutely forgetful. Anyone that knows me well has more than likely experienced frustration at my sieve-like brain at some point. Whether its hearing the same story a million times; helping me search for my keys, cellphone, shoes, bag, lip balm or anything else that I may have misplaced; inviting me somewhere and having to remind me a million times so that I actually turn up; telling me something which I promptly forget about 10 minutes later; me forgetting your boyfriend/ husband/ child's name only seconds after being introduced (sorry!).. Well you get the picture. I'm hopeless! And I want to see if I can somehow make my brain a more memory friendly place! I read a magazine article at work which had some information on food which assists with your brain functions and so I decided to embark on this journey!

How: I am going to research a 'brain food' diet, brain exercises and any other techniques that might help improve my memory! Then I am going to find a series of ' brain- tests' to track any improvement that might be made! I will have to do some tests to begin with so I have some point of comparison!

.. and then I will blog about it, if I can remember to keep this updated! I will have to blog about it or I may forget what I'm actually doing!

On a side note: My long term memory seems to be great. I manage to pass uni with mostly A's and next to no work... It seems I can just read something once and then 6 months later come exam time all the information is there in my brain! When I was studying at Vic, I used to sit in lectures and listen to music, yet somehow absorb the information required to pass! I'm not sure where this all fits in.. How come I can read an entire book and remember most of the contents in 6 months yet can't remember which days of the week I work (which, stay the same!) when making an appointment for something?

And so I can remember: Tomorrow: I am going to research brain food, brain exercises etc and record them in the blog.


2 comments:

  1. Yay! This is so cool Lucy!

    You will be the coolest blogger ever!! I would read any blog you write!
    I can't wait for your next entry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Mandy! I am so excited somebody is reading my blog! And I am going to read yours! What a good idea keeping a blog of your adventures! Can't wait to read all about them!

    ReplyDelete